New positions available in our Bristol office: Marketing Assistant
Position: Marketing Assistant
Reports to: Marketing Manager
Team/Department: Marketing Department, MJR Head Office
The MJR Group is an independent worldwide event promoter, venue operator and entertainment industry innovator. We work with artists as diverse as Mariah Carey, 50 Cent, Culture Club, Sia, UB40 and Hans Zimmer producing shows across stadiums in New Zealand, castles in Wales, vineyard shows in Australia to open air concerts under the stars in the Middle East. We also own and operate 10+ award winning venues across the UK, including Tramshed in Cardiff, Plug in Sheffield and Assembly in Leamington as well as launching two new venues in Bristol and Birmingham over the next 6 months.
In a hugely exciting time of wide-scale growth for the company, we are looking for a Marketing Assistant to provide support on the concert marketing initiatives for the company.
Supporting the Marketing Manager and Marketing Coordinators in the planning and implementation of marketing initiatives for its concerts and venues.
- To assist in the creation of individual marketing plans for concerts and toursCopywriting, proofreading, ordering and producing marketing materials across all channels
- Researching opportunities and organising the distribution of marketing materials
- Liaising with all venues, and other external stakeholders to ensure they have all material for announcements and on sales and we receive the best possible marketing support for all shows
- Creating, reporting and analysing online advertisements
- Delivering email campaigns; copywriting, proofing, sending and analytics
- Distributing (and when necessary, creating) press releases, liaising with press and maintaining the press list
- Creating social media content for MJR brands and monitoring performance
- Updating and generating content for MJR’s digital channels (websites and social media platforms)
- Ensuring all advertising activity spend is logged
- Proofreading all marketing assets (artwork, press releases, mailouts etc).
- To assist in the development and delivery of regional marketing initiatives.
- Providing general support to the department in the office
- As the role develops and progresses, you will take on the responsibility for coordinating the marketing campaigns of specific concerts.
- Some experience in a marketing role (desirable skills in Facebook Advertising, WordPress and Final Cut Pro)
- A love for live music and interest in marketing within the industry
- Excellent copywriting and creative skills
- Good communicator
- An eagle eye for attention to detail
- Fantastic organisation skills
Please apply with CV, cover letter and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for this position have now closed. Please note that due to the volume of applications and CVs that we receive we may not be able to reply to every application. If you are successful in your application, you will be contacted via e-mail or phone and be invited to attend an interview.