CLOSED – The MJR Group is actively seeking a part or full time Production Assistant!
The MJR Group is actively seeking a part or full time Production Assistant(s) to work alongside their Production Manager and to assist with their national venues and international tours.
The primary function of this role will be assisting with artist and venue advancing but duties will extend to other areas within the Production department. While we expect a basic level of production skills, we will provide excellent opportunities to expand your knowledge of the industry through in-house and external events, some of which may fall outside of working hours.
The role is based primarily within our Bristol office, but the successful candidate(s) would be expected to travel when required to any of our venues for site visits and meetings. Occasional weekend cover and overtime hours will be required due to the nature of the role. If you think you fit the bill and would like to be considered for the position, please email a brief cover letter and a CV to: POSITION FILLED
- Personal Assistant tasks – emails, requests, solve issues using initiative
- Finance / Rep Floats – allocating floats for shows, receipt filing, sticking to budgets etc.
- Advancing shows to a high standard
- Liaising with promoters and agents for concert info
- Purchasing – riders, supplies, booking crew & rep rotas
- Hotel & transport bookings
- Completing Artists Itineraries
- Repping at MJR and external venues on behalf of MJR
- Checking in rep reports
Skills, experience and attributes
- Familiarity with advancing
- Concert, production based role and / or Live Event experience is preferred
- Ability to work in a team and individual environment
- Strong administrative drive
- A keen organisational sense with meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good numeracy and experience with budget management
- Capable of negotiation
- Ability to multi-task
- Keep a cool head and work accurately under pressure
- Previous repping experience is preferred
- Technical knowledge of sound and lighting is a bonus
*non-exhaustive list. Roles may change, with progression and applicant’s skills.